books

Friday 26 February 2021

Swim safe at YMS!

For the last two weeks we have been doing swims safe in the school pool that we actually have. They taught us about a whirlpool, staying warm and what it is like to be in clothes for swimming. My teacher took some videos and photos. 

Here are the videos and photos.

I am in the orange top with 24 on it.


I have learnt that getting in a huddle is really helpful when you end up in the water when you are not supposed to. 

I felt like I was having fun each day in my lesson

Next time I am excited for doing the whirlpool again.

The thing I will remember most is PJ day. 

Do you like swimming?

What is your favorite swimming stroke? Mine's high head crawl like in water polo.

5 comments:

  1. Hi im Kauri-Tinielle from panmure bridge school in auckland,
    I like swimming aswell also the game I like to play in the pool is whirlpool. I really loved the way how you explained where you were and how there were questions for me to answer. what is your favourite game to play?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kauri-Tinielle,

      Thanks for the blog post. My favourite game is water polo I think that I did well because this is the most I've done this year.
      How is COVID going up in Auckland? We are at Level 1 which is quite lucky for us.

      do you have a school pool? do you play water polo?
      - Dominic

      Delete
  2. kia ora I'm Jemma from Panmure bridge school in Auckland. what I like is that you talked about where and what you enjoyed about your lessons I like how you said you and you'r class were doing a whirlpool. maybe next time you could put a bit more writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora jemma thanks for the comment I really appreciate it I think I could have put a bit more in as well. What I really like about my work is the amount that I did.

    - [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndr]yDominic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dominic,
    Wow! Swimming looks so fun, its cool to see that you guys are learning new stuff about swimming and how to keep safe in the waters. I didn't know that being in a huddle when in the water was the correct thing to do. My favourite stroke is freestyle stroke.

    What is the whirlpool?

    Next time I think you should add more into your blurb about your learning.

    Otherwise you've done an amazing job! Keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question